Goals for College Students

“Most “impossible” goals can be met simply by breaking them down into bite size chunks, writing them down, believing them, and then going full speed ahead as if they were routine.”

–Don Lancaster.

Goals are something I recommend that everyone should have, but although they are easy to set, they are hard to accomplish.  A great way to set goals and reach them in the long run is to write them down! You must sit down and brainstorm a reasonable time period you are going to allow yourself to achieve the goals on your list.

Is your goal easily achievable in a day, week, month, or year?

This is one of the questions you must ask yourself. Once you have taken the time to come up with a goal, research the necessary steps involved in achieving it and set a time period to do so. You will be on your way to achieving everything you set your mind to.

It is also easier to accomplish goals when you cross things off a list. This makes you feel better because your list will show you that you are one step closer to your goal. Motivation is another key to success, so continue to motivate yourself with actions like this.

Here at Greensboro College, we have many tools to get us started on the right track for our lives after Greensboro College. From Dr. Joy’s career closet to Caryn Atwater’s career service center, we are bound to be successful in the real world. We also have a lot of networking-focused events, like the highly enjoyable round table events with Ms. Atwater. During these events, Greensboro College students are able to interact with working professionals and even some alumni. During this time these professionals look at GC students’ resumes and even provide some informational interviews. If you still want more help you can also take one of Ms. Atwater’s classes in exploring career decisions, which will help you in a more in-depth way. Just remember that you are bound to succeed here at GC!

This article was written by Kortni Geter.