GC ANNOUNCEMENT

Hello, GC!

The Art Department has been cooking up plenty of tasty morsels for exhibition.

Starting October 26th, come by throughout the rest of the semester, repeatedly, to see the unfolding mastery and progress from the following classes, displayed in the Irene Culls gallery:

Drawing I

Drawing II

Digital Photography

Ceramics I

Experimental Studio

Also, senior Molly O’Keeffe will be installing her graduating capstone show starting the same day, with a reception Dec. 1st, 6-8 PM, in the lobby of Cowan, the Anne Rudd Galyon Gallery. Watch your emails for an invitation from Molly and a press release/description of her work.

By the way, drop by any time to see what we do, and get a taste of what you could do by taking one of the Spring studio courses or looking at intense, beautiful and provocative art in lecture/hybrid courses. We are offering Sculpture, Ceramics, Drawing, Painting, Computer Graphics, Digital Videography, and Modern Art for any students to take. We also inaugurate our new Contemporary Practices course, for which a portfolio must be shown to the professor for admission, if you are not an art major.

Finally, in cahoots with this week’s International celebration in the cafeteria, Prof. Søndberg’s ART1100 class tonight is learning about Japanese art and calligraphy, including bamboo Zen ink painting, with me leading an experience for them in the Painting studio, followed by an introduction and viewing of the anime classic, “Spirited Away”, in Cowan Lecture hall. Please join us!