GC ANNOUNCEMENT

Students,

I am excited to let you know about this semester’s final Career Round Table event of the fall!

What: Career Round Table

When: Tuesday, October 25th

Time: 5 -630 pm

Where: Lea Center, bottom floor of Main Building

Dress: Business Casual (no shorts, jeans. hats, sweats)

Round Table events are a combination of speed dating and informational interviews between students and professionals.  Each professional guest sits at a “round” table with several students from a variety of majors and class years who will ask questions about the guests’ background,  experience, and current role.   After about 12-15 minutes, time is called and the students move on to the next table.  By the end of the event, students will have learned about 5 different careers, possibly opening up new interests and possibilities.  These events also allow students to develop professional communication and networking skills.  Feedback from professionals and students who have participated in these events in the past has been overwhelmingly positive.

This coming Tuesday, our professional guests will be:

1. Yasmine Regester, GC alum, director of her own PR firm and a journalist with the Carolina Peacemaker
  2. Nate Irvin, GC alum with a degree in Kinesiology, Physio Tech and Functional Strength and Endurance Coach
  3. Steven Losiewicz, VP of Operations at Glen Raven Logistics
  4. Julie Schatz, Director of Admissions, Greensboro College
  5. Tom Saitta, Director of Marketing, Greensboro College (previously with Blue Zoom Advertising)

I look forward to students participating in this career informational interview event!  Approximately 75-80% of jobs are acquired through who you know so come and develop your networking contacts!  Sample questions will be provided to help get you started.

Caryn J Atwater