The Kesha Legal Battle Continues

Note: An article has been already posted by the same author about this issue. It can be found at Has the Party Stopped? – Kesha’s Legal Battle.

Kesha Legal Battle Continues.jpg file

(instagram.com)

It’s no surprise that Kesha’s abuser and former producer has denied all allegations of rape from the young artist, but now Kesha is being told to deny them as well. Kesha posted an extremely vulnerable photo to her Instagram account. The caption explained the deal she was offered. She told her followers that she was offered freedom from her contract with Dr. Luke if she were to “lie” about the rape and abuse she suffered at the hands of a man she trusted with her career. Kesha explained that she “would have to APOLOGIZE publicly and say that I never got raped.” She states that things like this happen regularly behind the closed doors of the entertainment industry. She continued saying, “I will not take back the TRUTH. I would rather let the truth ruin my career than lie for a monster ever again.” Kesha, and her supporters, are refusing to back down despite Dr. Luke’s (whose real name is Lukasz Gottwald), rejection of the claims. In February he posted about the allegations to his twitter page, “I didn’t rape Kesha and I have never had sex with her. Kesha and I were friends for many years and she was like my little sister.” Gottwald’s attorneys have since reported Kesha’s Instagram post as “false.” In a statement from Gottwald’s representatives it was mentioned that Kesha had no proof against the producer. “The court repeatedly stated Kesha is already free to record without Dr. Luke, and that she had not presented any facts supporting her claims. That’s because all the evidence – including Kesha’s own videotaped sworn testimony – show her allegations are false.” Kesha has released video on her Instagram and other social media accounts singing about the events and her current struggle but there has been no mention of an album in the works, whether independently or with the several willing artists who say they will do so for free. As of April 6th, 2016 Kesha’s case was thrown out by the judge who rejected all of Kesha’s claims. This judge might soon come under fire however seeing as his closing statement was as follows, “Every rape is not a gender-motivated hate crime.”

This article was written by Savvy Bowen.