Milo Murphy’s Law

milo-murphy

(Photo Courtesy of nerdist.com)

From Dan Povenmire and Jeff “Swampy” Marsh, the creators of “Phineas and Ferb”, a new, quirky animation is revealed. “Milo Murphy’s Law” is a new animated Television show, premiering on DisneyXD. Starring American singer, actor, producer and satirist, “Weird Al” Yankovic, the series revolves around titular character, Milo Murphy. Milo is normal teenager; he goes to school, he has a pet dog and he always looks fly in his sweater vest; but don’t stand too close! Descended from Edward Murphy Jr., the namesake of the phrase “Murphy’s Law”, when Milo is around, if it can happen, it will happen! Doing his best to make due with his “condition”, Milo always looks on the bright side. Along with his friends; savvy, confident Melissa Chase and loyal, new kid Zack Underwood, Milo constantly navigates a life of random, fantastic coincidences with nothing but his friends, his trusty dog, Diogee (pronounced D-O-G) and his handy backpack.

The show follows the gang as they attempt to survive the randomness following Milo. From construction equipment gone crazy, to coincidental natural disasters, to getting abducted by aliens while trying to catch the bus; Milo proceeds through life, not unaware but embracing of his reality. Pointing out that living by a schedule is no fun; Milo takes the torch from his predecessor in teaching viewers how their life can change with simple applications. Where as Phineas and Ferb taught us to seize the day and make our own adventure; Milo teaches us, that sometimes inconvenience is just a misinterpreted opportunity for one. If you keep a sunny attitude, the worst part of the day, could be the best of your life. Granted, Milo is lucky if he can survive most of the day, but as he states: “What doesn’t kill you, only makes you late for school!”  

This article was written by Kendall McLeod.