Fun and Fitness at Reynolds Center

by Jahleen LeBeau

Every year the Greensboro College Royce Reynolds Family Student Life Center extends a warm welcome with their offering of a number of fun events and fitness classes for the community. These classes and events are open for any Greensboro College student or faculty member, or anyone with a Reynolds Center membership. The Reynold Center hours can be found on the Greensboro College official website by clicking the “Life on Campus” tab and scrolling down to “Reynolds Center.” The Reynolds Center hours include Monday through Friday 8 a.m.- 9 p.m., Saturday 11 a.m.- 5 p.m. and Sunday 1-5 p.m.
This year, the Reynolds Center is offering yoga classes on Mondays at 5:30 p.m., HIIT (high intensity interval training) classes on Tuesday at 5:30 p.m., Yoga Flow classes on Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. and fun Bootcamp classes on Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. All classes are held at the Reynolds Center in the aerobics room. You can even bring a friend or family member as a guest to join in on these classes for a small fee of $5 a day.
“These classes are a good opportunity for students who don’t feel comfortable in the weight room to still get in a good workout,” said Adam Medina, a sophomore at Greensboro College who goes to the Reynolds Center for workouts daily.
Alongside these wonderful fitness classes, the Reynolds Center also offers a number of events open for students and faculty members such as several intramural sport games, bingo night, performances from several artists, motivational speeches and more. Each month the Reynolds Center aims to feature two entertaining events. The upcoming events for September include Chef Egg on September 27. This is going to be the ultimate “cooking eggsperience.” After September we can look forward to all of the homecoming events the first week in October. The details on the homecoming events are to be announced soon. Be sure to keep an eye on your student emails to keep up with all