A Look Into Spring Sports

With the new year comes a new season of Greensboro College sports. Teams featured in the upcoming spring season of athletics include baseball, softball, men’s and women’s lacrosse, men’s golf and men’s and women’s tennis. Basketball, swimming, and wrestling teams finish up the latter halves of their seasons in the spring as well. The baseball and softball teams both kick-off their seasons on February 9, facing Guilford College (at Guilford) and Surry Community College (at home), respectively. Last year, the baseball team claimed two wins from their three-game series with Guilford, while this will be the softball team’s first meeting with the Knights of Surry CC.

Men’s lacrosse opens their 2018 season five days later on Feb. 14 away at Hampden Sydney, followed by the girls’ team on Feb. 16 at home against Virginia Wesleyan
College.

Fans of golf will have to wait a little longer to see the Pride tee up as the team will travel to Beaufort, S.C. to compete in the Taylormade Intercollegiate tournament
March 12-13. The tournament will be preceded by the opening of the men’s tennis season on February 28 against William Peace at home. The women’s team opens their season a little over two weeks later on April 14 facing off against Ferrum College.

Be sure to go out and support your GC athletics teams!

This is shaping up to be a great year for Pride sports. For more information regarding GC athletics, visit http://www.greensborocollegesports.com.

By Tyler Fuller