Philadelphia Eagles win the LII Superbowl

The Philadelphia Eagles versus the New England Patriots was a hot-trending game filled with intense moments. The Eagles won 16 of their 19 games prior to the Superbowl while the Patriots won 15 of 19 games, the final score was 41 to 33.

This game was held in U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota where the weather included low temperatures of 8 degrees and a windchill factor of -13 reported by Google. The Patriots pushed to score and carry to overtime in the final minute of the game but were unsuccessful. Tom Brady could not throw the ball, and he was nearly intercepted by a Eagles player, so he lost precious seconds dodging the tackling; that was the final play before Gronk of the Patriots attempted to catch one final time but the time ran out and the Eagles won their first Super Bowl.

While many were watching the game, others preferred watching the commercials as many businesses spend millions on such investment. This included Amazon, Coca-Cola, Tide, Groupon, Toyota, Ram and Jeep, to name a few.  Many of these commercials were full of actors including David Harbour from Stranger Things, Chris Pratt, Matt Damon, Rebel Wilson and Gordon Ramsey. Peter Dinklage and Morgan Freeman alo were majorly featured in the Doritos and Mountain Dew ad.

While in the stands, celebrities were pointed out by NBC including superfan Bradley Cooper, Miles Teller, Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez, Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton and former Vice President Joe Biden.

This game was not a immediate beat-down for either team. Both fought tooth and nail to the very end and both teams fought for the ball and butted heads multiple times in efforts to keep the other team from scoring or to drag out the time so that the Eagles could hold their final score. It was definitely a lifetime event, watched by millions nationally and globally.

By Meegan McCarthy
Photo: Kirt Dozier, USA TODAY Sports